Welcome Travels useful Information & Booking Conditions:
Clients booking by telephone, facsimile, chat, web or e-mail will be deemed to have read and accepted the Booking Conditions set out below. THEREFORE, PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY. A booking is accepted and becomes legally binding only from the date when Welcome Travels (the "Company") has confirmed its acceptance in writing and issued a confirmation invoice. It is at this point that a contract between the Company and you (the ’Client’) comes into existence. The Contract is between the Company and the Client, being all persons named on the booking form traveling or intending to travel with the Company. The Company reserves the right to pass on any charges relating to returned cheques and credit card chargebacks. The Company will not be responsible for documents mislaid or lost in the postal system. Documents can be sent by registered post or courier but will be subject to an additional fee. In the case of non-payment of the balance by the due date, the Company will treat the booking as canceled by the Client and reserves the right to charge the Client a cancellation charge
All bookings made under our '2 for 1' offer are non-changeable and non-refundable from the time of payment.
1. Passenger/Client: where used in these terms and conditions refers to the passenger/person who sign the reservation form or make payment and all passengers on whose behalf it is signed or payment is made
2. Reservations and deposits: Quotes & reservations are subject to availability and actual pricing at the time of booking. Any verbal quote is an estimate only of the price, which will be subject to a written itinerary confirmation and payment. The passenger signing the reservation form or making payment warrants that he or she has the authority of the passenger’s therein designated, whether by name or not, to make this booking on their behalf subject to the conditions contained herein.
3. Payment schedule per passenger:
• Payment of deposit is your confirmation and acceptance of Booking Conditions. Balance is due as per confirmation and prior to departure.
*Speak to your sales consultant if alternative payment schedule is required.
Please note: International airfares and taxes sometimes are not included in the package prices and will be invoiced separately from the tour cost.
4. Payment methods: All payments sent to Welcome Travels must include the tour name, invoice number, and surname to ensure payment is matched to the passenger’s booking:
• Credit Card: Payment is accepted on Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Bank cards. A merchant fee will be charged for the following credit card payments:
Visa & MasterCard – 1.8% American Express – 2.0%
An additional 1.98% fee will apply when paying by PayPal.
• Direct deposit and money direct: If payment is made via direct deposit or Money Direct then payment will not be acknowledged unless written confirmation of the specific details of the transaction are provided to Welcome Travels.
• Personal cheque, bank cheque and money order: Please ensure cheques are sent to Welcome Travels with all relevant booking information including tour name, invoice number and surname to ensure the passenger’s payment is matched to the passenger’s booking.
5. Twin share service: Passenger’s wanting to be matched in a twin share room with another single passenger can request this service. In the event Welcome Travels are unsuccessful in matching the passenger in a twin room, the single supplement will apply.
6. Cancellation of booking: Cancellations will incur charges or fees as levied by all suppliers, which in some cases can be as high as 100% if cancelled just before departure.
Costs are expressed in Australian dollars or US dollars and are subject to review and change until the final payment is received by Welcome Travels. In the event of the cancellation of the booking by the passenger, advice must be received in writing to Welcome Travels. In the event that the passenger cancels or the sporting event is cancelled by the event organiser, the following fees will be charged as compensation for labour, expenses and administration undertaken on behalf of the passenger:
• 50% per person of the total tour cost
7. Amendments: For changes made to the passenger’s booking inside 30 days prior to departure, an amendment fee of $50 per passenger per change will be charged. Please note that this fee is in addition to any amendment fees charged by suppliers. Refunds are at the discretion of individual suppliers. Welcome Travels reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee in addition to the supplier cancellation fees.
8. Late payments: If payments are not received by the dates outlined in the payment schedule, Welcome Travels will add a late payment fee of $75 to the amount due.
9. Names on Passports: It is vitally important that the names advised on this booking form are exactly as they appear in the passenger’s passport. Welcome Travels will take no responsibility if incorrect names and/or spelling are provided by the passenger on the reservation form which results in amendment fees charged by the airlines or operators will be passed onto the passenger by Welcome Travels. In event of an error in any bookings made by Welcome Travels, the client is to advise Welcome Travels in maximum 24 hours otherwise the amendment fees will be charged.
10. Flights: Welcome Travels is not responsible for any involuntary changes made by airlines or other suppliers. Airport transfers are not included in the Land Only cost. All Airfares are booked through Welcome Travels Pty Ltd.
11. Price and Validity: All prices quoted are based on tariffs and exchange rates current at the time of quotation and are subject to increase without any prior notice consequent upon an increase in the basic tariffs or exchange fluctuations which may take place prior to touring. Welcome Travels reserves the right to adjust prices whether or not you have already made full payment. We will do everything within our control not to adjust prices and will generally only amend prices in the event of marked fluctuations in exchange rates, fuel costs and other operating costs on which prices are based. Airfares (except when otherwise stated), passport and visa fees, travel insurance, excess baggage charges, airport taxes, gratuities to leaders and guides, extra meals, laundry, drinks, medical expenses, optional activities and trips, and any items of a personal nature are not included in your tour price.
12. Itineraries and schedules: a) All holidays, itineraries, travel arrangements, hotel accommodation, etc. are subject to alteration or cancellation at any time without prior notice for any cause which in the absolute discretion of the Company renders it desirable, reasonable or necessary to effect such alteration or cancellation in particular without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing in the event of the revision of arrangements or the imposition of conditions by the restaurant, hotel or transport contractors or managers. No liability of any kind shall fall upon the Company in respect of such alteration or cancellation. b) The Company reserves the right at its absolute discretion to refuse or cancel any booking or terminate the arrangements made for any person or persons at any time without being under any obligation to assign a reason therefore. In the event of the exercise of this right the company shall be under no liability to the person or persons affected save to refund any monies paid by or in respect of such person or persons for such booking or where the arrangements have already commenced to refund such amount as the Company in its uncontrolled discretion thinks reasonable to attribute to the uncompleted portion.
13. Unused tour services: Refunds will not be made in respect of unused accommodation, meals, sightseeing tours, tickets, transfers, or any other services which are included in the tour cost but not utilised by the passenger.
14. Third Parties: No agents, representatives, conductors or any other passenger’s are authorized to have any right to promise to refund any sums paid or to remit any sums payable, either wholly or in part or to agree to any variation of these conditions of booking.
15. Tickets: Welcome Travels will not be held responsible for the loss, theft, destruction or misplacement of all tickets regardless of the reason.
16. Residential Address: Welcome Travels prefer to use a residential address when sending out tour documents. Documents are sent by courier who provides a secure and fast delivery service. If sending to a post box, documents will be sent via Express Post which is less secure and can cause substantial delays in the delivery process. If any passengers require documents to be sent to an alternate address, Welcome Travels will need to be notified in writing of this at least 2 months prior to the tour departure.
17. Passport & Visas: A valid machine-readable passport (with a validity of at least 6 months after return date) is required for all persons departing from Australia and for non-Australians citizens a valid Australian re-entry visa. Australian passport holders require an entry visa for some countries. Non-Australian passport holders must check their own individual visa requirements. It is the responsibility of any traveler, who has a recorded police conviction (regardless of how minor) to check with the relevant consulate for entry requirements. Welcome Travels are not responsible for passport, visa requirements, entry, health or other requirements of the countries visited or for any loss sustained by the passenger for failing to comply with laws, regulations, orders and/or requirements of countries visited. Visa procurement for All destinations is solely the responsibility of the traveler and not that of Welcome Travels. We can assist in obtaining the necessary documentation; and will act as an agent to help; filling the Form or guiding through the process for a nominal fee but neither would be held neither responsible nor liable for any visa refusal / passport matter. Non Australian passport holders are responsible for arranging any extra visas and re-entry requirements and it is the passenger’s sole responsibility to ensure they are in possession of the necessary visas and current passport for entry to countries they are visiting.
18. Luggage: Luggage and personal effects are at passenger’s own risk. It is stressed that Welcome Travels cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage to passenger's personal luggage or effects from any cause whatsoever, even though handled by Welcome Travels servants or agents or partners and it is recommended that luggage be insured for the duration of the holiday or tour.
19. Holiday variations and conditions: If a Force Majeure event occurs or following governmental travel advice, we may have to make necessary changes to your holiday and in accordance with operating requirements, we reserve the right to make changes, cancel or reschedule departures and itineraries. Should this become necessary we will give you reasonable notice thereof, in the circumstances and where available, offer you a comparable alternative. If you do not accept alternative arrangements we will refund all payments you have made to us, however, in case of Force Majeure or governmental travel advice any refund will be subject to deductions for any unrecoverable costs we incur. Welcome Travels or our agents are not responsible for any additional costs incurred by you including, without limitation, the costs of any other travel arrangements affected due to our amendments, cancellations or rescheduling of any tour as contemplated by this clause.
Force Majeure. Welcome Travels will not be liable for any delay in, change to or cancellation of trips due to Force Majeure. “ Force Majeure” means any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Welcome Travels and includes, but is not limited to, war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, disease, industrial or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, cancellation of an event by the organisers, fires and strikes.
20. TRAVEL INSURANCE: It is highly recommended that the customer obtain and maintain adequate insurance for the full duration of the customer's travel arrangements, including cover for illness, injury, death, loss of baggage, travel document, personal items, cancellation and curtailment or any unforeseen circumstances. Welcome Travels will not be liable for any cost incurred by the customer on any tours. It is customer's responsibility to obtain and maintain appropriate insurance (s).
21. Not Included in the Tour Cost: Visa and passport cost, vaccination and medical expense, any type of insurance, excess baggage, extra meals, mini bar, room service, additional excursions, laundry, beverages, souvenirs, tipping, postage, phone calls, internet, none collectable taxes, items of a personal nature and anything not mentioned in includes column of your quote.
22. Behaviour - It is the Clients’ responsibility to ensure that he and the members of his Party do not behave in a way which causes offence or danger to others or which risks damage to property belonging to others. In such circumstances all suppliers (e.g. hotel managers, airline pilots) and the Company have the right to terminate arrangements made on the Clients’ behalf, in which case the Company’s responsibility to the Client ceases immediately. Therefore, the Company will not be liable for any refunds, payment of compensation or reimbursement of any cost or expenses incurred as a result. Further, the Client will be liable to reimburse the Company for any expenses whatsoever that it incurs as a result of such behaviour.
23. Age & Fitness: All Clients must satisfy themselves prior to booking that they are fit and able to complete the itinerary of their chosen tour as described in the Company’s brochures. Clients aged 65 or above are required to complete our Tour Suitability Form, and where considered necessary, due to participation requirements, we will be happy to provide the tour on a private basis (supplements apply) or offer tailor-made holiday arrangements. Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the Company’s employees, tour leaders, and agents whilst on tour with the Company. If in the opinion of such person, the health or conduct of a Client before or after the departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of the tour, the Client may be excluded from all or part of the tour, in which case all monies paid will be forfeited and the Company will not be liable to pay any compensation whatsoever to such Client.
Liability Responsibility Disclaimer: Welcome Travels and / or its associated companies or Agents give notice that they act as booking agent only for the persons or companies providing or offering the means of travel conveyance, transport, accommodation, entertainment, sporting event or other services and all receipts, dockets, vouchers, coupons or exchange orders are issued under the terms and conditions under which transportation and other services are provided. Welcome Travels or their Agents/Consultants shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity that may be caused or arising during any tour under its management, sponsorship, procurement, or otherwise notwithstanding that the Company's principal may be a foreign company, corporation or person. So far as the company shall not be acting as such booking agent it shall be deemed to be acting as Agent for the person making the reservation. It is the responsibility of the passenger to ensure he or she is in possession of the other travel documents and that they are in compliance with the current government and transportation company's regulations. The transportation companies or firms shall be exempt from liability in respect of any detention, delay, loss, damage, sickness or injury however and by Whomsoever caused and of whatever kind occurring of or to passengers at any time when the passenger is not on board a carrier or conveyance used or operated by the transport companies or firms. Welcome Travels PTY LTD trading as Welcome Travels.